We do lots of different dental procedures at our clinic. They range from simple fillings to complex bridges, root canal treatment, deep cleaning under the gums, tooth removal and implant crowns.

For all of these procedures it is important to us that we give you the best dental treatment.  At times we will refer you to a specialist dental provider to view your teeth, gums, mouth and bone and complete treatment that is outside of our scope of practice, more tricky than we wish to complete, or some treatment we are not set up to do or treatment that needs a general anaesthetic or IV sedation to make sure you have the best options for your care.

For a referral to a specialist dental provider you do require a consultation with a dentist first for the dentist to write the referral to the specialist.  Our dental management software allows us to directly and securely email the referral letter and relevant xrays to the specialist dental provider with the details of your problem so they can provide the best solution for you.

We use a range of specialist dental providers that we all know professionally and in some cases they have treated us or our families

  • We will refer you to an oral surgeon for difficult tooth removals, mouth lesions that could be mouth cancers (or not), for placement of implants (we will do the implant crowns), for bone fractures etc. We will especially do this if you have compromised medical conditions. The oral surgeon has extensive extra dental training as well as having both a dental degree and a medical degree.
  • We will refer you to a periodontist (gum specialist) if you have periodontal disease that is not responding to treatment by our dentists and hygienists, or to assist in maintaining your gum disease in a stable manner.  We will also refer you to a periodontist for implant placements and possible all on four implant treatment. We will complete the treatment with implant crowns, bridges or dentures.
  • We will refer you to an endodontist (root canal specialist) if the roots of the offending tooth are tricky to get into, or be able to get down the end of, or to review cracks to see if root canal treatment will be effective.
  • We will refer you to a Prosthodontist (crown and bridge specialist) if you have a difficult tooth we need to crown or bridge a space or for implant placement with a temporary crown and possible all on four implant treatment.
  • We will refer you to an orthodontist for specialist treatment of crowded teeth or mismatched jaw position and teeth with the likely treatment being ‘bands’, orthodontic wires and clear aligners.
  • We are also likely to refer you to a physiotherapist for exercises and treatment of facial pain from clenching and grinding your teeth and for reduced mouth opening.  This is likely to be an adjunctive treatment with a nightguard.

With all of the above in mind we wish you a Happy New Year!  We hope everyone had a lovely holiday period and if you were working everything went smoothly! Our work family had time with their family and friends visiting, entertaining, seeing the sights of SA or going interstate.

See you in the clinic!  The Adelaide City Dental Care Team. PS:  check out our socials (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) for top tips for teeth, mouth and gums and dental family snaps!  Maybe even the latest video on YouTube.

Leave a reply