Our receptionists will always ask you when you have completed your appointment with your dentist, oral health therapist or hygienist to book in for your next dental check up and preventative care appointment. There are a number of reasons why we ask them to do this. One reason is that we want to keep a check on any or all of the following clinical situations such as:
- areas we are watching such as gum pockets, cracks, edges of fillings or demineralization areas that we want to monitor,
- to make sure that the calculus build-up that happens on your teeth over the 6 months isn’t affecting your gum tissues,
- reviewing any bleeding or bad breath
- to review wear facets on your teeth from clenching and grinding or natural wear
- reviewing wisdom teeth
- we disrupt the biofilm around your teeth while we are cleaning which reduces the bad bacteria that can cause gum disease, tooth decay, heart and lung disease and inflammation
- Making sure the fillings you have are working properly,
- Checking your facial muscles are not strained
- Reviewing the mouth tissues for mouth cancers.
- Checking your jaw joints are moving correctly
- Finding solutions for any issues you might have
It is much easier (and cheaper) to look after and fix small things before they become large things!
Booking your next appointment at the time gives you the best option for finding an appointment that suits you. Leaving it until you receive your reminder email or letter could make it tricky to find a spot in our appointment book easily.
We hope you are all set for back to school, work and the multitude of after school activities that start the year. Dr Stone has set up her Guiding events calendar for the year with the State Girl Guide Camp coming up in October 2024. Our staff are all organised for the continuing education courses we love doing to keep us all up to date. It is all go! And in the spirit of all the above we hope that you have found the time to organise your important preventative care appointments and comprehensive hygiene appointments in your calendar too.
See you in the clinic! The Adelaide City Dental Care Team.
PS: check out our socials (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) for top tips for teeth, mouth and gums and dental family snaps! Maybe even the latest video on YouTube.Leave a reply